Thursday, September 10, 2009

Blogger's Block: UPDATED

It's been just two weeks, and I'm experiencing blogger's block.  I vowed F&C wouldn't turn into a tweet fest or shameless updating every time a piece of fruit ripens.  I'm old school: if you don't have something interesting to say...

So, I was planning to have Soap Box Mondays that would allow me to get a nagging issue circulating in our little corner of the web, and in turn, provide readers with an opportunity to do so, as well.  

I would like the blog to be more interactive.  I'd like to hear your stories, what you look for in a blog, what bores you, what you're eating, drinking or where you want to eat or drink, and naturally, what you're listening to!
Readers have mentioned that if they don't have one of the accounts listed to "sign in for comments", they aren't permitted to comment.  I was under the impression readers could do that; so, I've changed the settings to allow anyone, identified or not, to comment.  

So, maybe we start on Fridays?
Me first! Me first!!  Was it me, or did the Mainstream Media completely blow off the Mexican highjacking to cover the "YOU LIE!" story?!  I mean, every major news agency on air or internet JUMPED on the highjacking story as it broke, but seriously- it was only because it was such a slow news day.  And then it ended.  No bullets, no blood.  Just a guy in a yellow shirt who looks like my high school Algebra teacher, being led off in cuffs.  And then, all of a sudden, the next day we're having a national discussion about liars.  Who lies, who's lied, who continues to lie.  *Snore*  I am a tireless web-comber, when it comes to interesting news, no lie.  *Ahem* And let me tell you, today was a prime example of how the MSM runs with an issue they feel touches a nerve.  Just for once, can't they just let it... well, you get the idea.

A funny aside, last week, my friend and fellow blogger, journalist Patty Talorico who blogs Second Helpings for the News Journal, posted a link to a hilarious tweet about a guy, Justin, who posts his 70-something dad's rantings.  "Shit My Dad Says", www.twitter.com/shitmydadsays  This post was as prescient as ever from earlier in the week: 
 "The worst thing you can be is a liar....Okay fine, yes, the worst thing you can be is a Nazi, but THEN, number two is liar. Nazi 1, Liar 2" 
Just superb.  Thank you, Justin!
So, comments?  Overblown media distraction, or worth the fuss? 

UPDATE:  Wow- sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of the trailer...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails