Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Local, Local, LOCAL!!!?

So, if you're like me, I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed with the whole Fresh and Local thing (see my Out & About piece next month...)  But, I just read this on another blog about a 14 year old raising a 6-month young lamb with the New Castle County 4H Sheep Club (wow- who knew?) who then turned it over to a chef, who purchases them (alive presumably- would be kinda cruel to make the teens "off" the sheep they raise, no?)  And the pay-off is that you can eat this very same, increasingly famous lamb during Delaware Dines Out Week (reservations required, void where prohibited). 

We'll just call this "Strange Local News", and leave it at that.

But, I was reminded of this BRILLIANT clip from one of my favorite shows, Portlandia.  It's not too far off the mark...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails